Electrical Safety Management
A structured approach to assessing and controlling your own risk
13 - 14 May 2020 | Manchester
About the event
What is the purpose of this course?
Electrical safety in organisations is often the responsibility of non-electrically qualified staff, such as facilities managers, risk managers or health and safety officers who have not had systematic training in how to prevent electrical hazards in the workplace.
These hazards can range from any employee or visitor being injured by malfunctioning electrical equipment through to professional mechanics and electricians or external contractors carrying out tasks without adequate instruction or supervision.
Even qualified electrical engineers may not be fully aware of all the technical safety advice available which is relevant to the job or organisation where they are working.
What is covered on the course?
This two-day course is based on the IET’s Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management.
In-depth interactive sessions are designed to show delegates how to recognise good practice and assess how their organisation compares. Examples and case studies will aid delegate understanding.
Key benefits of attending
- Avoid production / project costs and delays from stoppages caused by electrical-related accidents
- Prevent personal death or injury, associated costs and reputation damage from litigation resulting from poor electrical safety practices
- Understand how good electrical safety management can identify and reduce workplace risks
- Consider the importance of all aspects of the electrical safety system
- Learn how to create an electrical safety management plan for your own organisation
- Gain confidence in your own expertise to ensure that you actively reduce the risk of workplace accidents
- Receive a copy of the Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management as part of your registration fee
What course attendees said about Electrical Safety Management:
"Very on point course, excellent delivery with very knowledgeable speakers, who took the time to answer questions and explain things in greater detail if required."
"The session with Mr Michael Appleby was extremely interesting. He gave a good insight into the legal side of the health and safety at work."
"I would defiantly recommend this event to all my colleagues. The reasonably simple IET code of practice is a great way to improve some of our procedures at work."
"Robust sessions relating to real scenarios and incidents"
Member - £839
Non-member - £949