Railway Electrification Infrastructure and Systems (REIS 2019)
The 9th professional development course in railway electrification infrastructure and systems
1 - 4 July 2019 | Crowne Plaza City Hotel, London, UK
The UK has seen an unprecedented level of investment in recent years to modernise and future-proof our railway network.
Electrification is at the heart of these upgrades, offering faster, cheaper and cleaner travel, necessary if the UK network is to meet the rising demand for rail travel.
REIS 2019 offers four days of expert training in the core areas of electrification systems, engineering, project management and design, whilst providing first hand insights into real-world case studies from an international programme of speakers with experience of working on railway systems across the world.
- Chair: Tom Palfreyman, Engineering Manager and Head of Rail E&M, WSP
- Martin Sigrist, Principal Programme Engineer, Network Rail
- Stuart Hillmansen, Senior Lecturer in Electrical Energy Systems, University of Birmingham
- Les McCormack, Practice Manager-Electrical Systems, Atkins-SNC Lavalin
- Alex Buchinger, Engineering Expert, Network Rail
- Ken Webb, EMC Team Leader, Mott MacDonald
- Daren Stinton, Head of Profession – Power, Transport for London
- Day 1: Requirements and constraints / benefits and needs of the railway infrastructure
- Day 2: Electrification infrastructure design
- Day 3: System interfaces and integration
- Day 4: Energy efficiency and innovations