RPG Dublin - Renewable Power Generation
The 9th International Conference on Renewable Power Generation
1 - 2 March 2021 | Croke Park Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Technical visit - EirGrid National Control Centre
Friday 3 March 2021
|Meet at EirGrid Offices (navigation code D04 E7K5)|
|Presentation and tour|
- Maximum number of attendees: 80
- Cost: €11.50 – booking available shortly
EirGrid is responsible for the daily management of the Irish national electricity grid, the operation of the wholesale power market, and the development of high voltage infrastructure to serve Ireland's economy.
The high voltage power system is operated, balancing supply with demand, on a continual basis from the National Control Centre (NCC).
The visit will provide an opportunity to step into the state-of-the-art NCC facility to get a first-hand account on EirGrid’s role in ensuring safety, security of supply, and managing real time balancing of the power system.
Come along and join us for this relatively rare experience of stepping foot inside a Transmission System Operator’s main control room.Visitors will enjoy the following
- An overview of the “all-island” transmission system of Ireland
- An introduction to the policies and procedures used to push the boundaries and facilitate ever increasing levels of renewable generation
- A run through of the scheduling and dispatching processes used in the Single Electricity Market
- An insight into how the transmission system is managed, including voltage control, contingency monitoring and network switching.
- An understanding of how real-time stability analysis is used to secure the power system
For more information see http://www.eirgridgroup.com/how-the-grid-works/national-control-centre/
Member - €620
Non-member - €675
Student/retired - €310
(available until 24 July 2020)
Author - €560
Student author - €435
Additional paper - €170